Saturday, April 23

Silk Heaven

Silk Heaven -
This is a quick gift pattern, ideal for last minute gifts!

I made this shawl as a Mother's Day present for my mum.
My mum loves white, therefore it was an obvious choice for her... I love the pattern and the way it knits up. I think this shawl would look good in any colour!!

I'm nearly half way through the pattern and only spent one evening knitting. Seems to be a very quick and fairly easy lace pattern if you keep track of your rows.

It definitely needs blocking once its done, but the lace turns out really nice in this beautiful Chinese silk yarn.

02.04.2011
Finished the shawl last night!! It looks gorgeous. - Pictures will follow! All in all it took me 4 evenings to finish the pattern, I think thats fairly good considering my little boy still thinks his mum is his bed....

The pattern is easy to follow, the instruction consists of written instruction and charts for the body and the lace border. Both are fairly clear, just remember to keep track of your rows when knitting lace! Using the stitch markers made knitting the shawl a lot easier and you can easily recognise in case you have missed a stitch or yarn over somewhere.

I definitely would knit the pattern again but would consider working the lace border in stocking stitch as an experiment to make it look a bit different to the first shawl knitted.

I used 5.5mm circular needles and Knitshop.co.uk Chinese silk yarn in white. I swatched the pattern on 5mm before starting the project and found the yarn needed a larger needle than suggested in the pattern.

I presented the gift when I went to visit my mum last week. She loved it!!!
The pattern is called 198 yds. of Heaven and you can find it on ravelry.com.

Happy Knitting
Julieta

No comments:

Post a Comment